Mon, Jun 24|
Hybrid depending on conditions.
2024 Summer Research Camp for Undergraduate Students
The summer camp program offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in cybersecurity research with distinguished research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their mentorship for campers.
Time & Location
Jun 24, 2024, 2:00 PM – Jul 30, 2024, 5:00 PM
Hybrid depending on conditions.
About the Event
The summer camp program offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in cybersecurity research with distinguished research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their mentorship for campers. This summer camp focuses on recruiting the UNiSEC undergraduates.
UNiSEC is a community group supported by SVCSI. The UNiSEC is an underrepresented group who is interested in cybersecurity for the inclusion of under-served (women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and others).
When: June 24 – July 30, 2024 (5 weeks)
Targeted Students: UNiSEC group any undergraduate students in the USA
Goal: A team-based project advised by one faculty mentor.
Summer Scholarship: +$2,000 per student depending on the available fund (Note that this stipend will be given when you finish the summer camp and your completed deliverables by July 31, 2023. If a student does not participate in our camp activities, you cannot receive this stipend.)
If you have a question, please contact us at event DOT manager AT svcsi.org with the email title [Summer Camp]
Requirements for Stipend:
- Time Commitment: 30 hours per week during the 5 weeks
- Team research meetings at least twice per week (2-3 hours per meeting)
- Must attend weekly meetings with respective faculty mentors and report progress
- Final reports within less than 5-6 pages (IEEE conference proceeding format)
- Final posters for poster presentations
- Help high school campers in your project. (Teaching is a great method to learn more.)
- U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residents
- Above 2.7 GPA
- Full-time students in the USA
- A student will gain experience in cybersecurity research with hands-on experience.
- Students will receive mentoring from experienced research faculty.
- Students will be informed about graduate schools and financial opportunities such as fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships to support future graduate study.
- If you do a good job, SVCSI continues supporting your research activities in cybersecurty field.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Students from underrepresented minority groups and women are strongly encouraged to apply)
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student in the USA.
- You will not graduated before summer 2023.
- Must have a GPA higher than 2.7
- All campers must attend the opening meeting on the first day of the summer camp.
- Each group needs to meet your faculty mentor or undergraduate student every week.
- During this summer camp, we also encourage you to submit a research student poster with your team to conferences
- Sale ends: Apr 30, 2024, 5:00 PM
The summer camp application fee is $30. Students must buy this ticket to submit your application.$30.00