Mon, Jun 24|
Hybrid summer camp
Summer Research Camp for High School Students
The summer camp program offers a unique opportunity for high school students to participate in cybersecurity research with distinguished research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their mentorship for campers.
Time & Location
Jun 24, 2024, 1:00 PM PDT – Jul 30, 2024, 5:00 PM PDT
Hybrid summer camp
About the Event
Targeted Students: High School Students in the USA.
Goal: Team-based projects advised by one faculty mentor.
Meeting time: We have twice per week for meetings. Each meeting will have 2-3 hours. It is the minimum meeting hours. Each faculty mentor will set up their meeting hours with the group together.
Camp Fee: $2,500 (When your application is accepted, you can pay the camp fee by May 20, 2023. For low-income families (less than 70K per year), there are no camp fees. Please contact us at "event DOT manager AT svcsi DOT org"
If you have a question, please contact us at "event DOT manager AT svcsi DOT org" with the email title [Summer Camp]
Registration Deadline: Feb. 25, 2024
Estimate Notification: From March 20 to May 10, 2023
You can keep submitting your application by May 10, 2023. Until filled, we keep reviewing your applications.
Requirements for campers:
- Time Commitment: 20 hours per week during the 5 weeks
- Team research meetings at least twice per week (2-3 hours per meeting)
- Must attend weekly meetings with respective faculty mentors and report progress
- Final research posters for poster presentations with your team.
- Students should show appropriate progress to learn a research project weekly. Without your time commitment and effort, you cannot learn anything. Note that we cannot gurantee outcomes without your full commitment for 5 weeks.
- Basic coding skills are preferable.
- Above 3.0 GPA
- Full-time high school students in the USA
- A student will gain experience in cybersecurity research with hands-on projects.
- Students will receive mentoring from experienced research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their advice.
- Students will be informed about future SVCSI activities for high school students. For example, we will select cybersecurity student ambassadors who can continuously work with SVCSI after this summer.
- Please check the past summer camps in our blog. https://www.svcsi.org/news
- All campers must attend the opening meeting on the first day of the summer camp. The detailed information will be announced in May.
- Each group needs to meet your faculty mentor or undergraduate student every week.
- The camp fee is non-refundable after you register.
- During this summer camp, we also encourage you to submit a research student poster with your team to conferences.
- Sale ends: May 25, 2024, 5:00 PM PDT
The summer camp application fee is $30. Students must buy this ticket to submit your application.$30.00