Mon, Jun 13|
Summer Research Camp for High School Students in 2022
Time & Location
Jun 13, 2022, 9:00 AM – Aug 05, 2022, 4:00 PM
About the Event
The Select Group: https://www.selectgroup.com/
When: June 13 – August 5, 2022 (8 weeks)
Targeted Students: High School Students in USA.
Goal: Team-based projects advised by one faculty mentor.
Meeting time: Twice per week for research meetings. 2-3 hours per meeting. (Please check the tentative schedule in the table below)
If you have a question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title [Summer Camp]
Requirements for campers:
- Time Commitment: 15 hours per week during the 8 weeks
- Team research meetings at least twice per week (2-3 hours per meeting)
- Must attend weekly meetings with respective faculty mentors and report progress
- Final research posters for poster presentations with your team.
- U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residents
- Above 3.0 GPA
- Full-time high school students in the USA
- A student will gain experience in cybersecurity research with hands-on work
- Students will receive mentoring from experienced research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their advice
- Students will be informed about future SVCSI activities for high school students. For example, we will select cybersecurity student ambassadors who can continuously work with SVCSI after this summer.
- Please check the past summer camp here.
- Also checkout the Posters made by students at SVCSI Summer Camp.
- The camp will start from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (PST) from Monday to Thursday.
- All campers must attend the opening meeting on the first day of the summer camp on 6/13/2022.
- Each group needs to meet your faculty mentor or undergraduate student every week.
- The camp fee is non-refundable after the camp starts.
- During this summer camp, we also encourage you to submit a research student poster with your team to SVCC (Silicon Valley Cybersecurity Conference) 2022. Here is the SVCC 2021 website for the last year for reference: http://svcc2021.svcsi.org/
For detailed schedule go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rb-Z4ue49Mgn58V2SZStc1of7LnSEd5a/view?usp=sharing
To view poster go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WaAsndbWdmdDUyFh4bhVXn0hTshBha2F/view?usp=sharing