Time & Location
Jun 13, 2022, 9:00 AM – Aug 05, 2022, 4:00 PM
About the Event
The Select Group: https://www.selectgroup.com/
The summer camp program offers a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in cybersecurity research with distinguished research faculty mentors who voluntarily provide their mentorship for campers. This summer camp focuses on recruiting the UNiSEC undergraduates.
UNiSEC is a community group supported by SVCSI. The UNiSEC is an underrepresented group who is interested in cybersecurity for the inclusion of under-served (women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and others).
When: June 13 – August 5, 2022 (8 weeks)
Targeted Students: UNiSEC group any undergraduate students in the USA
Goal: A team-based project advised by one faculty mentor.
Summer Scholarship: $2,000+ per student depending on the available fund (Note that this stipend will be given when you finish the summer camp by August 6, 2022. If a student does not participate in any camp activity, you cannot receive this stipend.)
If you have a question, please contact us at email@example.com with the email title [Summer Camp]Requirements for Stipend:
- Time Commitment: 15 hours per week during the 8 weeks
- Team research meetings at least twice per week (2-3 hours per meeting)
- Must attend weekly meetings with respective faculty mentors and report progress
- Final reports within less than 7-8 pages (IEEE conference proceeding format)
- Final posters for poster presentations
- U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residents
- Above 2.7 GPA
- Full-time students in the USA
- A student will gain experience in cybersecurity research with hands-on experience.
- Students will receive mentoring from experienced research faculty.
- Students will be informed about graduate schools and financial opportunities such as fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships to support a future graduate study.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Students from underrepresented minority groups and women are strongly encouraged to apply)
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student in the USA.
- You will not graduated before summer 2022.
- Must have a GPA higher than 2.7
- Please check the past summer camp here.
- Also checkout the Posters made by students at SVCSI Summer Camp.
- The camp will start from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (PST) from Monday to Thursday.
- All campers must attend the opening meeting on the first day of the summer camp on 6/13/2022.
- Each group needs to meet your faculty mentor or undergraduate student every week.
- The camp fee is non-refundable after the camp starts.
- During this summer camp, we also encourage you to submit a research student poster with your team to SVCC (Silicon Valley Cybersecurity Conference) 2022. Here is the SVCC 2021 website for the last year for reference: http://svcc2021.svcsi.org/
For detailed schedule go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rb-Z4ue49Mgn58V2SZStc1of7LnSEd5a/view?usp=sharing
To view poster go to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8rgd2mQgwmlluU9SzFR6dbZYXFshCax/view?usp=sharing